Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Can I Just Say...

This has been the worst move yet. I'm amazed at the things we have found that are broken, and we haven't even scratched the surface yet as far as unpacking goes.

I have a beautiful antique buffet for my dining room. When they took it off the truck, I noticed one of the legs was loose. It's not a huge, major thing, and P. can fix it (and did), but not the point. Also, the movers neglected to lock the doors on the front of the buffet. One of the center front doors broke off. Again, something P. can fix, but again, not the point.

I also have a bar light that I won at a raffle on St. Patrick's Day. It was one of the last events I went to in Vilseck before we moved, and I was so excited when I won it. Well, it's busted. There's no fixing it. I almost cried.

We have found a few glasses that are broken, and one of the doors on our big wall schrank that we got in Germany (also an antique) was beginning to come apart. That was an easy fix. I'm just so frustrated. I certainly didn't expect all of our things to get here unscathed. However, if we've already found this many things that are broken, what else are we going to find?

Well, on a good note, we did finally get the registration done for the Volvo today. We had to get it inspected (VIN and EPA verification), and then were able to go over to the tag agency to get it registered. I'm so glad to have that done. I can't wait to get all this unpacking done so we can get settled finally. I was ready to move, but I hate this part. Also, I miss Germany!