Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Last "Hooah-Rah"

Last night was our final coffee. Since the Brigade deactivated earlier this month, it was the last one for everybody. This is another one of those bittersweet things for me. While I'm happy to be moving forward, I'm sad to be leaving many of these ladies. It has been a pretty quiet year for most of us and we've been able to relax a bit. We've had a lot of fun too.

I have to say, though, that after the coffee was really the most fun. A few of us stuck around afterwards and stood in the parking lot and talked about the good times over the past year and what the future may hold for us. One of my friends mentioned that if she'd known we were going to be hanging around talking as long as we did, she would have ordered another drink. Another friend, always prepared, opened her trunk and pulled out a bottle of Lambrusco. We all cracked up. So here we are, chatting about old times and passing around this bottle of wine in the parking lot of the restaurant where we had just had dinner. I think I will think back fondly on that night for many years to come. Here are some photos:

This is me with my best friend...man I'll miss her!

A couple of pictures of some of the girls...


Ladies, remember the purse? ;-) I don't think C. will ever look at her purse the same again after last night...hee hee!!