Friday, February 15, 2008

So Far So Good!

Well, today I finished my third week of going to the gym five mornings a week. I really didn't feel like going this morning, and thought about making excuses. Was feeling kinda crampy. I had a hair appointment at 10:45, and with going to the gym about 9 or 9:30, I really would be pushing it to make my appointment on time. But I talked myself out of my excuses. After all, exercising may help with the crampiness. And there was no reason I couldn't just go to the gym earlier so that I'd be able to make my appointment on time with no problem. So that's exactly what I did. Took the kiddos to the bus stop, and left straight from there.

And between the working out and doing Weight Watchers, I lost three and a half pounds this week. I have a long way to go, but that was definitely encouraging!

Patti, I like the idea of a workout partner. I'll have to see if I can find one. I have a tendency to make excuses too.

But so far, I'm pretty proud of myself!