Saturday, February 9, 2008

Pictures

One thing I think we can all say for digital photography is that it is so much more convenient, in so many ways. After all, you can instantly see your picture, delete it if it sucks, or keep it if it's good. Then you can save it on your computer, print it on your own printer if you choose, or if you're like me, upload it to a third party to have prints made for a scrapbook. Because my printer doesn't print great pictures. But the NICE thing is you can pick and choose which ones you want printed. It's not like taking a roll of film to the photo shop and having the whole thing developed, only to end up with a handful of pictures that are any good.

The problem I'm finding with digital, though, and it's not REALLY a problem when I think about it, is that I have pictures scattered all over the place. Over the last few weeks I've been trying to consolidate and organize my pictures into one general place. I have SOOO many pictures, and I've spent the better part of today going through some old ones. The good news is I've gotten quite a few organized. The bad news is, I have a LOT more to go. I'm trying to organize them chronologically, too, which isn't always easy, since I can't always remember when they were taken. Oh well...I'll just have to make an educated guess on the ones I can't remember. Today I was going through pictures from when the hubby's parents came to visit us in Europe, back in the summer of 2005. Our trips were fairly easy to organize within a couple days there, because I KNOW we were in Paris for the baby girl's birthday that year (which is also my mother-in-law's birthday). So by trying to remember how many days we spent on each leg of the trip, I've been able to get the dates pretty close.

A boring tidbit, I know, but I'm trying to get back into the swing of blogging again. I lost my blogging motivation some time ago, and I really need to find it again. It was always fun and therapeutic for me. I also need to get back into keeping up with my friends' blogs. I've missed you all!

More updates to come!