Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Petty Complaint

OK, I'm going to bitch here for a minute, and my complaint will probably sound stupid. But I'm entitled from time to time.

I was in the mood for Chinese take-out for dinner tonight, but neither of us really felt like going to pick it up. So we perused the yellow pages (and hubby the internet...lol) looking for a place that would deliver. After three phone calls, we finally found a place. We gave them our phone number and address, and they told us no problem. Placed our order, she told us it would be about an hour, which would be cutting it close to the kids' bedtime, but we decided it would be ok.

About a quarter till eight, the restaurant calls me. By this time it had been over an hour and a half. She verified our address with me, and then told me that the driver couldn't find us. OK, well, that's happened before, since we're in a brand new section of the subdivision, but usually the driver calls us for directions. Apparently the driver had already returned to the restaurant, and she asked if we could come pick the food up. I was annoyed, the hubby was pissed! Honestly, it wouldn't have been so bad if they'd have called a lot earlier, giving us the opportunity to get the kids fed and still in bed on time.

So I went and picked up the food. Got there and the lady asked me to point out on the map where we were located. Well, there's the problem...their map doesn't have our section on it yet. But I pointed out to her the general vicinity, and she said she'll tell the driver, and maybe next time it will be no problem. The good news is, the food was really good. This is one of those little hole-in-the-wall type places, which from our experience usually have the best food. We weren't disappointed this time either. Plus she did throw in about a quart of iced tea, so she at least made the effort to make it right. I always appreciate that kind of effort. I was calmer by the time I started on my way home.

Anyway, that's my bitch for the night.