Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Myspace Graphics

We're having Thanksgiving dinner at the hubby's parents' house this year. I cooked dinner here last year and had my family over, so this year we'll be up there with them. The good news is that I get a break from all the work that goes into preparing such a meal.

I did offer to bring my Pumpkin Cheesecake. That is a recipe that I've been making every Thanksgiving for the past three or four years now. When I told my mother-in-law that I would bring it, she said that maybe she wouldn't bother making the pies that she usually makes. She had bought a cake at a bake sale, and thought that between that cake and the cheesecake I'm bringing, we'd have enough desserts. When I mentioned that to the hubby, though, he pouted a bit and said he really wanted a pecan pie. So I called her and told her what he'd said, and told her that I would make that as well. Turns out I called her just in time, because she was just pulling out the stuff to make the pecan pie there. I figured that would be one less thing for her to have to worry about. The hubby's brother likes coconut pie, so maybe she'll have the time to make it.

I have so much to be thankful for, and always appreciate the reminder to do so. My husband is home with me this year. My children are healthy and happy, and are wonderful kids (even though they make me crazy). I'm thankful for our military members, at home and abroad, who serve our country and protect our freedom. Those who are separated from their families are always in my heart this time of year. I'm also thankful for the time we have to be close to both of our families right now. I love that the kids get the chance, even if just for a little while, to spend time with their grandparents and aunts and uncles. I'm thankful for all the blessings I have been given over the years.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!