Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Great Weekend!

Well, my house guest for this past weekend left this morning. I have to tell you, we had the best time, and I hated to see her and her little girl leave. It never ceases to amaze me the kind of friendships that I have developed over the years with people who I communicate with primarily online. Mel and I have been "online" friends for nearly 10 years, and this weekend was the first time we met in person. I was comfortable with her almost instantly, and she is just as great in person as she has been in our many online conversations over the years.

My kids loved having her little girl here to play with. I had told here when she first started planning to come visit, that she probably wouldn't see her Princess much throughout the weekend, because my kids would sweep her away and take care of her and play with her. True to my expectations, they did just that. So she was able to have a little bit of a break, which with her hubby deployed, is always a nice thing. I was glad that we were able to help her out a little for a few days.

This past weekend was a weekend of good friends and good conversations. We laughed a lot, and shared quite a bit. I truly can't wait to have her visit again, or visit her and her family one day. Hopefully we will be able to spend some time with her after her hubby comes home.

Thank you for coming and spending time with us, Mel...we loved having you both here!

Pictures to come soon.