Sunday, September 9, 2007

Distractions

So here I am trying to work on one of my papers and dealing with all sorts of distractions today. For example, I had to share my computer with my son so we could get a part of his Social Studies project done...this part is due tomorrow. I'll write a bit more on this later.

Anyway, this evening the hubby has been trying to get the kids to leave me alone so I can concentrate on what I'm trying to write. I haven't been able to convince them yet that Daddy can answer question for them as well as I can. For that matter, sometimes I still have to convince Daddy of that. Sometimes they'll ask him something and he'll look at me. I have to teach him that he is allowed to make decisions about the kiddos...haha!!

Well, the kids have gone to bed, and I'm thinking that finally I'll be able to finish this paper with no more interruptions. Well, a couple of weeks ago, the kids had dinner out with my mom and her fiance', and his two younger grandkids went too, because it was the little boy's birthday. My kids came home with a couple of balloons. They were the foil kind with helium. Well, they lasted a long time, and would startle me every time I heard them scrape across the ceiling when they would move. The hubby took them down tonight and cut the bottoms off.

Can you see where I'm going with this?

Yep, he decided to inhale some of the helium and talk to me. So of course, I start giggling and can't stop. He inhaled some more and continued to talk. At this point I've got tears rolling down my cheeks. I beg him to stop, after all, I'm trying to write a very serious paper. After some urging, he convinces me to do it too. So I did, and before I could get the second word out of my mouth I cracked up. So then he starts fussing at me for "wasting the helium by laughing!" Crazy thing!

So that was our excitement for the night. It doesn't take much to amuse me.

Back to my paper...