Sunday, October 29, 2006

Fun Night

Tonight we finally had the chance to take the motorcycles out. Every time we've ridden before, we've either ridden alone, or one of us has followed the other in a car. Tonight we finally both got to ride. P.'s mom came and got the kids because the local fire department up there was having a fall festival tonight, and the church is having "Trunk or Treat" tomorrow night. So she came to pick them up this afternoon and we'll go get them tomorrow evening. I called my mom to see if she and her boyfriend wanted to take his bike out this evening and we'd all go get dinner. They decided that would be fun, so we went to a local bar and grill for dinner. Mom's boyfriend led out on his bike with her riding with him (she's not quite ready to ride in Fayetteville yet, especially at night). I was following him and P. was following me. We went to a couple of different places tonight after dinner before coming home. It was just nice to have the bikes out. Today was the first really nice day we've had in about a week. Tomorrow's supposed to be just as nice, so we're planning to go practice some tomorrow. My mom wants to go practice some more so she can get more comfortable riding before she gets out on the road much. I want to get as much practice as possible, because the kids are dying to ride with us. I want to get some experience first, though, before I carry such precious cargo.

I will post some pictures of myself on my new Harley as a couple of folks have requested. I just haven't really had the chance for anyone to take any pictures yet. I'll try to remember to take my camera tomorrow though.