Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Silly Kids

I was thinking about something on my way home from Fort Bragg this afternoon that struck me as funny, and I thought I'd share it. Ever since we've been back in the States, I've talked about going to Food Lion to do my grocery shopping. I know, the commissary's probably much cheaper, but Food Lion is right down the road. Keep in mind, though, that I have a Southern accent that has only become more pronounced since our arrival in North Carolina 6 months ago. Wow...I can't believe it's been that long!

Anyway, one day I took the kids to the store with me. When we pulled into the parking lot, J. says, "Mommy, that sign says Food LION" (imagine an exaggerated enunciation of LION). I reminded him that I had told him that we were going to Food Lion (less emphasis on the enunciation from me). He said, "I thought you said we were going to Food LINE!" Even now he asks me why when I say Food Lion it sounds like Food Line. LOL. I just tell him it's because I'm Southern. I know he doesn't really understand that yet, but he usually stops asking questions after that. Funny thing is...he was born in Kentucky and A. was born in Texas. Goes to show how long we've been gone.