Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Turkey Day!


I have quite a bit of catching up to do. I'll do that later though. Right now I want to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you all ate way too much turkey just like me.
I have to say that today was one of those days that I was thankful to be back in the States. It was such a blessing to be able to spend this holiday with my family. My mom and her boyfriend, as well as my sister and her husband and baby came over to spend the afternoon with us. We ate lots of food, then rested for a while, had dessert, and just enjoyed each other. It's been a long time since we've been able to do that without somebody having to travel at least halfway across the country to do so.
I'm Thankful For:
- My husband and children who love me in spite of my shortcomings (or maybe even because of them).
- My mom, sister, and brother (although he wasn't with us today), as well as all my extended family members.
- My Dad. His time on this earth was much too short. I miss you, Daddy, but am very thankful for the time we did have.
- My fellow military wives, who have been like sisters to me over the years. I love and miss you all.
- Having my husband with me...I know how fortunate I am.
There is so much more that I won't name right now. What are you thankful for?