Saturday, September 16, 2006

Commercial

We were sitting here watching TV tonight when this commercial came on that just cracked us up. I didn't catch it the first time, so P. rewound it and paused it so I could see it. I LOVE my DVR!! Incidentally, it caught his attention because he heard the man speaking German...lol!

Anyway, it takes place in Germany and this guy, an American, is at a port receiving a shipment. The crate is being unloaded from the ship, and when they open the crate, it contains a 2006 Shelby GT 500. The man accepting the shipment is an American, and the Germany asks him couldn't he find a car he liked in Germany. The American says, "No, I couldn't find a speed limit in America that I liked." It cracked me up!

The funniest thing...

There's a disclaimer at the bottom of the screen during the scenes where the guy is driving the car at high speeds. It says "closed course...do not try" or something to that effect.

Are you kidding me?? I did that for five years in Germany...

In a minivan!!! LOL!!

I think I mentioned my new car in an earlier post. I have to set the cruise control all the time in the Volvo to keep from speeding. I found myself going over 70 in a 55 coming home from Bragg the other day, and I didn't even realize it.

Man I miss Europe...