Thursday, June 8, 2006

My Car

I don't know if I've mentioned it here before, but P. and I bought a new Volvo a few months before we left Germany. We shipped it out the week before our household goods were picked up. I called the local dealership where it was being delivered yesterday just to find out whether they had any information about it. This morning I got a call from the gentleman there that handles the overseas shipments. My car arrived at the dealership yesterday!! According to the time estimate that the shipping agent gave us, it was about a week early. I was able to pick it up this afternoon. Call me shallow, but that phone call just made my day. The kids were pretty excited too. :-) Having my car here makes it feel a little more like home. I guess we're one step closer to getting settled. Of course I had to take it and show it off to my mom!

I know I promised pictures from our visit with P.'s brother. My mom's dial-up connection is way too slow. Next time I'm over at our house I'll get them posted.