Thursday, October 25, 2007

Busy Schedule

We have a busy schedule for the next few weeks. I didn't really realize it until I was talking to my mom Tuesday night, and then again when we got an invite from some new friends to visit them in Virginia.

As those of you who read my blog know, we were in Denver last weekend. This weekend we're going to be in Raleigh for the Battalion's Annual Training Conference (ATC). Friday night and Saturday night will be fun, but other than that, not a whole lot for me to do, especially since I refuse to sit through a day's worth of spouse training this year. Call it a bad attitude if you will...I don't care.

The week after our weekend in Raleigh is my baby niece's birthday party. My little sister is doing a pig-pickin for the family to celebrate the occasion. Should be lots of fun! I just have to find the perfect gift for my little booger!

Then the next weekend a girlfriend of mine is coming to spend the weekend with me. I've known her through email communications for about nine years or so, but we'll be meeting for the first time in person this Veterans' Day weekend. I'm so excited about this visit, I can't even explain it!

The weekend after Veterans' Day weekend is the weekend my mom is getting married. I can't believe it's coming up so quickly, and I know it's hitting her even harder. I still have to find a dress since I'm her Matron of Honor. I found one last week that might work, but I think I'll look around while I'm in Raleigh before I commit to anything.

And then of course the following weekend is Thanksgiving. Wow! Never a dull moment around here! I love staying busy, though. Gives me something to look forward to, which really is something I need these days.

So that's an example of what our schedule looks like for the next month. I'll try to put up pictures of all the upcoming events as they come and go.