Friday, October 29, 2010

Not to be a snob or anything...

But I'm so freaking sick of this house, it's not even close to being funny anymore.

It's a well known "fact" that "rank has its privileges" in the Army. Well, you know, time goes along with that. I was still in NC when my husband accepted our house on post here at Knox. I know he was kind of thinking that we wouldn't really be here all that long, so the loss of space for a temporary situation wouldn't be so bad.

He's been in this house now for 7 months; the kids and I for 4 months. It's all we can do most days to walk through the house without stepping on each other or running into something. This house is the same size and layout as the one we were in 10 years ago...the year he was promoted to Captain. Something's gotta give here.

Hopefully the situation at Fort Benning will be better. I've already let the Housing office there know what neighborhoods we prefer. I really don't want to have to deal with the hassle of renting a home and getting into a lease. I don't know how long we'll be there. My preference is to utilize Government housing until we're able to return to NC and live in our own home. As much as the thought of the hubby's retirement petrifies me, part of me is so ready to go home permanently.