Sunday, November 14, 2010

Goofy Kids

My kids drive me absolutely nuts, but in the next minute they will have me cracking up.

The boy has been driving me nuts all evening. I took them to family day at Bullion Bingo here on post. I enjoy going to bingo about once a week, and I always figure it's something fun I can do with them. They do family day once a month. Every time I've taken both kids with me, I've had to spend the majority of the time there calling the boy down. He's 12...I kinda think he should have outgrown that by this point. But anyway...I was beyond aggravated with him by the time we got home.

I'm sitting here, finally relaxing, and the kids are in their rooms. He had been in and out of the living room a few times. After he left the living room once, I heard him jump in his sister's room and say "BOO!!" This was immediately followed by a squeal from her, resulting in tons of giggles from him. He came back in the living room, doubled over laughing. Of course, I'm already giggling by the time he gets back in here, because this kind of thing brings back memories from my childhood.

My little sister and I shared a room when we were kids. Our room, and our parents' room, were upstairs. There was a little half wall at the top of the stairs that we had to walk by to get to our room. Every night, on the way to bed, I would go up the stairs, hide behind the wall, and jump out and scare my little sister once she got to the top of the stairs. She KNEW I was going to scare her, and would chant on the way up the stairs "don't scare me, don't scare me, don't scare me," but still jumped and squealed when I did. I NEVER got tired of that!

Guess I can't deny that's my boy!