Friday, August 1, 2008

Update

So I promised I'd try to blog an update, so here goes.

The hubby has been extended in his Recruiting assignment for another year. The story of how it all went down is a long one, but I'll try to do the short version here. He got verbal confirmation from Branch that his next assignment would be for deployment and was supposed to report to Fort Riley on 21 June. But he never got an RFO. Finally got in touch with his Branch Manager to see what was up. Well, he didn't have a replacement, so his command wasn't about to let him go without a replacement. So they finally found a replacement, changed the dates, and he got orders for the deployment with a report date of 1 August instead. Now that he finally had orders, he started the process of getting all his medical stuff taken care of. Well, at his appointment at the Pain Clinic, his doctor determined that he wasn't fit to deploy. He has a lot of pain from old injuries. So the doctor wrote a memo to Branch stating this, his replacement got reassigned, and he was extended in his current position.

He's actually ok with it. And if he's ok with it, then I'm ok with it. They have a new Battalion Commander, and most of the Company Commanders within the Battalion have changed fairly recently, so he and the rest of the command decided it would be beneficial for the Battalion if the top company had some consistency through all the changes. He's also hoping to have the opportunity to get some things changed to be able to make things less stressful for the Recruiters in his company.

I started my new job at Womack in mid-May. I'm the coder for the Orthopedics Department, which includes the Ortho, Podiatry, Physical Medicine, Physical Therapy, and Occupational Therapy clinics. I'm loving my job so far...I definitely stay busy.

On that note...back to work!